Something less and something more.


"Stepping out of old habits, like shedding old skin, is an occasion for celebration!" Exuberant in her declaration, the elf spun and turned multiple shades of purple.
"You think?"Asked the Skeptical Me attached to things as they are,or confused about the present being the past.
"Oh yes, permanency is as sure as the grains of sand of a beach."

The gloriously purple one took us on a winter walk and while leaving footprints on sandy shore my skin slid away to become something less.... and something more. I have been sitting on a way of being that is ripe for change; literally, my Ancestors (speaking through my body, in the form of hemorrhoids) was giving me this message:

"You are so fragile, my precious grandchild,"murmurs Grandmother  Growth. "But being tense and fearful will not compensate for fragility.In fact,your tension makes you more easily damaged."
"You can't keep yourself together, You've lost the will to push against obstacles. But life doesn't play fair. It doesn't stop if you give in. It keeps on moving through you, fast and furious," hisses Grandfather Growth.
"The life force, the chi, of all you ingest is absorbed through the blood vessels of your large intestine. You need vigorous veins in your pelvic  floor. You want pushy veins, not loose, relaxed, laid back veins. There is a difference between being easy and being slack. Let us look for, and nourish, your flexible strength. It's becoming impossible to sit on it, isn't it?" - Many thanks to Susun Weed for this People's Medicine from her book Down There.
I'm heeding the lessons from Grandmother and Grandfather Growth and taken steps to "look for, and nourish, my flexible strength"because truly I can no longer sit on" issues that require pushing back.
Changes will show themselves as I apply the practical steps of caring and nourishing myself. One of the things I  need to do is approach writing and sharing story differently. Being at a computer is difficult for me now ... short stints only, at least for  now.

Mahalo nui loa kakou for your support, and kokua here at Myth For My Tale Bone. Sharing myth, stories that leave room for your imagination to flesh out meaning, continues to be an important mission for me. I see the progress I've made, and also see room for change. How that happens in the days, weeks and months is in the ripening phases.

Sure hope your Ancestors have a clear channel to communicate with you, and then the  question is are you listening? What's your experience with no longer being able to sit on issues that need changing?


Mokihana and Pete





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Like myths, symbols are thus ambiguous; they resist certainty."

The long journey of revolution

Conversations, karma calls, creating art ... and making Juk